Tuesday, November 30, 2010
A Contemporary Crib at KT Contemporary.
For the past two weeks I have had the privilege to do a large window installation in the window of a new art gallery that has opened in Donnybrook in Dublin. KT Contemporary is a new large gallery open to new and innovative artists that are upcoming or graduated out of College. The space is run by the lovely Katie Tsouros and I expect this to be one of the big names in the gallery scene in Dublin. I say this for these reasons.
1. Katie knows her shit! She is polite, smart and rumour has it, incredibly skilled with a bow staff!
2. The gallery is across the road from a pub.
3. The walls are massive and the space never ends within the gallery itself.
4. There is a massive George Hook banner wrapped around the gallery.
5. Katie and her Mum have two dogs that wear jackets.
6. RTE is up the road so a great spot if ya wanna make a scene!
7. I have made the front window into an old bedsit.
I decided to do my own version of an Arrnots Christmas window display and at the same time a Contemporary styled crib for the new age Christmas.
I am slowing making the space into a damp old bedsit occupied by someone who has a nostalgic relevance to RTE just up the road. I have been adding clues to the window but just as Baby Jesus is added to his crib I will be adding the tenant to this vile bedsit on the launch night of the gallery which is this Friday the 3rd of December!
SO IF YOU WANT TO BE CHEERED UP AND WARM AND TAKE IN LOTS OF NEW AND UNSEEN AMAZING ARTWORK, YOU KNOW NOW WHERE TO BE THIS FRIDAY.
KT CONTEMPORARY OPENING NIGHT - FRIDAY 3RD OF DECEMBER - 6 - 8 PM DONNYBROOK, DUBLIN, ACROSS FROM KILEYS PUB.