Friday, March 25, 2011

My works pops up In Switzerland.




Such a lovely morning to wake up to an email from the Bouissoux Family In Switzerland and see my work sitting on their table. 
A long time coming, Julien & Jasmin became my landlords when I lived In Paris back In 2008, yes 2008 remember that year? Seems like an eternity ago but I always think when you meet someone who you know instantly that you may know for the rest of your life they become an anchor to that time I can still see myself In our little bathroom making their wrap around mural for them. . I met them at a great time of my life and three years on still knowing them they always remind me of that time and brings a silly old smile to my face. 
When I met the lovely couple, Jasmin was pregnant and they had moved to Switzerland where they still reside. Soon after they brought Lila into the world and the Gordon-Bouissoux family was one. They asked me a year or so ago to draw them a family portrait which I said 'yeah no prob, I'll get on it right away'. A year passes and I still hadn't completed the drawing and anytime I sat down to do it I transformed into a portrait artist sitting under a tree on a pavement In Montmartre. Ugly stiff portraits, I just couldn't get It right and It killed me especially since Julien and Jasmin were so kind to send me a cash filled card to feed and motivate me. So after them enduring a long wait I eventually sat down and made time to think about them and made them an Illustration In a box that shows them as a fun loving family and not a still portrait. 
Julien sent me these pics this morning after getting the post through the door.Never meeting Lila but knowing her creative parents I imagine she has a huge imagination so here she Is shutting up her noisy imaginary friend before he gives the game away and draws too much attention on their secret paper hat tea party.

No comments: