Friday, May 27, 2011

KEEP SKETCH OPENS TONIGHT.




Keep Sketch Is a little week long residency I did In the National Crafts Council of Ireland. I was invited to spend a week In the beautiful surrounding for the Cratf Gallery and explore the relationship between drawing and making. Using the gallery walls as my gigantic sketch book I sketched my thoughts, ideas and feelings throughout the week with the intention of finding an idea for a large textile sculpture and developing it as I went along. This week has been an incredible experience and my re-inition into the world of textiles. So If you are reading this and you feel like you want to feed the mind with a visual treat come don to the Craft Gallery across from the Castle In Kilkenny tonight. The doors open at 6 and the show kicks off at 7 with a fine chuck of tunes by the sound creator The Kilo. A late night party fest that you must come and enjoy with us. It's only open fr one night and tomorrow for National Drawing Day and after that It's all gone and painted over so PARRRRRTTTTTYYYYYY with us!!!

No comments: