Tuesday, November 15, 2011

FOR THE LOVE OF 'PROGRESS' Opens Tomorrow Night

For The Love Of Is back In the gallery setting once again and this time around the theme Is Progress. A huge number of artists submitted to the show and choosing the work for such an intimate space would be one heck of a job but I can't wait to see what the FTLO gentlemen will do with it. 


I am delighted to be apart of the show and I have been busy working on new pieces over the past month or so. I was asked by the duo idea machine that Is abgc to collaborate with them on a piece for the show which was a massive amount of craic and really motivating. Just working with the lads, sippin on a cuppa cha and working out different solutions to a  design problem was exactly what I needed, the lat nights in the workshop covered In confusion were worth it. My new favourite saw of the week Is a table saw, sorry scroll saw you've been demoted, back to Lidl with ya. 
So the abgc & me collaboration will be on display as part of the FTLO Progress show from tomorrow night. 

I also have a solo piece In the show which I am flippin excited to put on display. I have been working on it so long now I have grown a serious attachment to it but I think It's time I let It go. It's an interactive piece and the last details are being added today so It will be wrapped tonight and ready to be delivered In the morning. WOOOO!!!!
So If your going to see the Antlers tomorrow night maybe pop In beforehand or If your goin to a childrens book awards get drunk and eat chips looking In the window after it. Either way If your In Dublin make your way to Gallery Num. 1 - across from Christchurch right on the corner beside Burdocks Chipper....awww art and chips! Yeah ya would! 
The show opens tomorrow night at 7pm and there will be beverages for the early birds. Hope to see you all there. 


No comments: