Sunday, December 08, 2013

LOST IN NEW YORK - New Home Alone 2 inspired print

I was invited to be an artist in residence for the fifth Making Space in Dublin at the end of November. From November 25th to the 29th I set up a pop up studio in The Library Project in Temple Bar in Dublin. During this time I spent my time creating artwork all inspired by both Home Alone movies. My intention was threefold. I wanted a really strong art piece for my final Gallery 1988 show - their Crazy 4 Cult 7 annual art show which takes place again in New York City this year. I wanted to also make a whole series of work around this theme and create a festive pop up art show in Dublin. Lastly I wanted to create a print, something I have never done before as I am always so nestled in 3D craft. I wanted the 2D print to be a direct comparison to that of the crafty 3D wooden sculpture I would make for the NYC show. 
The show was a huge success and I will be posting photos of the work, process and images from the night as soon as I get some spare time in this busy month. This print entitled " Lost In New York" is an edition of 100. There are still some left and if you are interested in owning one just get in touch and drop me a message at mickminogueart@gmail.com or contact me here through my Facebook page
A3 semi matt prints are €15.00 + postage depending on where you are in the world. You can make payments through my PayPal so be sure to get in touch.

No comments: